Welcome to the Project Living Well Module Site
The goal of Project Living Well, funded by the federal Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, is to work with state disability systems to align their work to better support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), both those using long term Medicaid Home & Community-Based Services (HCBS) and those waiting for services, to live a life of their choosing in an environment that promotes independence, health, and healthy relationships with family, friends, staff, and supportive community members.
To accomplish this work, we developed and used evidence-based and informed capacity building strategies in face to face trainings and on-line modules to increase knowledge and skills of people with IDD and their supporters. These strategies include, for example, person-centered practices, positive behavior supports, family engagement, career discovery, healthy relationship building, how to understand and use data and quality improvement planning.
Below you will find some on-line modules and resources developed through Project Living Well. Check back regularly as we update and refresh the modules!
- Module 1: Virginia Regional Quality Council Orientation
- Module 2: Operating Highly Effective Teams
- Module 3: Supporting People with Disabilities and Family Members as Essential Partners in Quality Improvement
- Module 4: Identifying and Understanding Developmental Disability Data/Priorities of Your Community
- Module 5: Quality Improvement Tools and Methods